Taxi companies in Wellington
- Wellington Combined Taxis
- Green Cabs (budget)
- Kiwi Cabs (budget)
- Capital Taxis
- Eco Taxis (budget)
- Wellington Star Taxis
- Corporate Cabs
Taking a taxi between Wellington Airport and Wellington City Centre
As one of New Zealand’s international airports and a main domestic flight destination, the trip between the Wellington CBD and Wellington Airport is very common. At the airport, just walk outside of the baggage claim area on Level 0 of the main terminal and you’ll an onslaught of taxis waiting.From the city centre, there are a couple of taxi companies that offer flat rates of NZ$20-$25. However, be sure to bookask in advance about the flat rates. It’s also worth noting that some companies only offer flat ratesfrom the CBD to the airport, not the other way around.Otherwise, if you are just hopping in a taxi and paying by the meter, expect to pay NZ$26-$35 to between the airport and city centre.
Taxi Prices between Wellington city centre and Wellington’s main attractions
If you need a super quick and direct ride to Wellington’s main points of interest, then this is the list for you. These taxi fares are between the attraction and the CBD.
Alternative City transport in Wellington
Other ways to get around
Wellington has a decent public transportation network well worth checking out if you are wanting to save the cents.
- Take the bus there’s a huge bus network operating in Wellington.
- Train the Wellington train network services theJohnsonville, Melling, Kapiti, Hutt and Wairarapa areas.
- From the airport, there are shuttles taking you to straight to your destination or the cheapest option is the Airport Flyer, a bus service operating like a normal inner-city bus service with set stops along the way.
- Walk! A lot of the inner city attractions can be got to by foot.
For more information, see Public Transport in Wellington.