The Only Rotorua Accommodation List You’ll Ever Need
The geothermal hotspot and cultural hub of the North Island is a must-visit on any itinerary around New Zealand but the perfect stay isn’t complete without the perfect accommodation. This is where this ultimate list of the best accommodations in Rotorua comes in. Select from a specially curated list of luxury geothermal resorts to the flashiest backpackers; city-centre family-friendly motels to out-of-town couples’ retreats; and everything in between. Find out where to stay in Rotorua, right here, in this list of the 50 best accommodations in Rotorua.
1. Kings On Peace – The Best Accommodation in Rotorua
Just off Rotorua’s notorious “Motel Mile”, i.e. Fenton Street and along the aptly named quiet residential “Peace Street”, Kings On Peace offers one of the most luxurious accommodations in Rotorua. Apartments feature spacious showers, pod coffee machines, dishwashers and more.
Check Kings On Peace out:
2. Silver Fern Rotorua Suites & Spa – The Best Motel in Rotorua
Silver Fern Rotorua ticks all the boxes: budget rooms, family rooms, even honeymoon suites and executive rooms for business travellers. What’s more, there are amenities such as spa pools/spa baths, electric blankets, baby equipment, room service breakfast and a day spa.
Check Silver Fern Rotorua out:
3. Regent of Rotorua – The Best Hotel in Rotorua
A fabulous design-driven hotel, the Regent of Rotorua is a 4.5-star hotel conveniently located in central Rotorua. Choose from a range of rooms, which include access to an outdoor heated pool, a private mineral pool, a mini gym, lounge and wine bar, and a restaurant. See more like this in the 15 Best Hotels in Rotorua.
Check Regent of Rotorua out:
4. Mana Sarovar – Designer Lake Tarawera Holiday Home
If you prefer your own private retreat, take a look at Mana Sarovar. You can’t beat the views from this three-bedroom luxury holiday home on the shores of Lake Tarawera, including full self-catering facilities, kayaks, bikes and more. With stunning indoor and outdoor spaces and room for eight guests, the holiday home presents the ideal setting for entertaining.
Check Mana Sarovar out:
5. Aura Accommodation – Eco-Friendly Accommodation in Rotorua
An eco-friendly base located close to the infamous Eat Streat and waterfront, Aura Accommodation offers geothermally heated studios and apartments. Enjoy their outdoor pool, bike hire and reasonable prices. See more stays with reasonable rates at 20 BEST Budget Accommodations in Rotorua.
Check Aura Accommodation out:
6. Hideaway of Rotorua – Farmstay Accommodation in Rotorua
Hideaway of Rotorua might be out of town but it’s arguably closer to the action with Agrodome, Zorb, Wingspan and Rainbow Springs nearby. The countryside lodge prides itself on being one of the most family (and pet) friendly accommodations in Rotorua.
Check Hideaway of Rotorua out:
7. Rock Solid Backpackers – The Best Hostel in Rotorua
Named for the view of the 17m climbing wall from the floor-to-ceiling windows, the Rock Solid Backpackers is not only a cool place to hang out but an affordable hostel. See more like this in the 5 Best Backpacker Hostels in Rotorua.
Check Rock Solid Backpackers out:
- Rock Solid Backpackers on Booking.com
- Rock Solid Backpackers on HostelWorld
- Rock Solid Backpackers on Trip.com
- Rock Solid Backpackers on Expedia
8. Sport of Kings Motel – Accommodation in Rotorua with a Pool
Affordable and peaceful, the Sport of Kings Motel is well worth considering. The 4.5-star motel situated just off Rotorua’s main street has a geothermally heated outdoor pool that has an attractive setting among native plantings. It also features in our 10 Best Motels in Rotorua.
Check Sport of Kings Motel out:
- Sport of Kings Motel on Booking.com
- Sport of Kings Motel on Trip.com
- Sport of Kings Motel on Expedia
9. Jet Park Hotel Rotorua – The Best Accommodation in Rotorua for Families
What we love about the Jet Park Hotel Rotorua is how extremely catered to each traveller type the hotel is. There is a fantastic economy option for couples or solo travellers, while family rooms come with age-appropriate toys and pillows. See more recommendations like this in our 10 Best Family Accommodations in Rotorua.
Check Jet Park Hotel Rotorua out:
- Jet Park Hotel Rotorua on Booking.com
- Jet Park Hotel Rotorua on Trip.com
- Jet Park Hotel Rotorua on Expedia
10. Rydges Rotorua – Rotorua Accommodation Where Kids Stay and Eat Free
Another accommodation located near the Redwoods Forest, the Rydges Rotorua is a convenient hotel option for making the most out of the tourist attractions. It’s a great value option for families where kids stay and eat for free, while couples and groups of friends will have no qualm with the simple yet fresh rooms.
Check Rydges Rotorua out:
11. Prince’s Gate Hotel – The Best Accommodation in Rotorua for Couples
The Prince’s Gate Hotel radiates elegance and class. If you’re not popping in for their acclaimed high tea, then at least stay in one of only 50 luxury rooms and suites with traditional decor. In true Rotorua style, guests have access to thermally heated pools, as well as a private hot pool and sauna. See more couples-centric recommendations in the 15 Most Romantic Accommodations in Rotorua.
Check Prince’s Gate Hotel out:
12. Geyser Lookout BnB – Cheap Accommodation in Rotorua
This gorgeous B&B/homestay accommodation on the outskirts of Rotorua, right by some of the town’s best geothermal attractions, has no right to be this cheap, yet here it is! Geyser Lookout BnB offers two double guest rooms in the main house and a self-contained apartment for two.
Check Geyser Lookout BnB out:
13. Best Western Braeside Rotorua & Conference Centre – Rotorua Accommodation in Fairy Springs
Located in a leafy suburb, the Best Western Braeside makes a great retreat from the day’s adventures. The hotel/motel offers a range of facilities including a heated outdoor swimming pool, a spa area, minigolf, a children’s playground, a games room and a trout stream for fishing.
Check Best Western Braeside out:
- Best Western Braeside on Booking.com
- Best Western Braeside on Trip.com
- Best Western Braeside on Expedia
14. BK’s Rotorua Motor Lodge – Self-Catering Accommodation in Rotorua
BK’s Rotorua Motor Lodge offers a range of rooms from simple studios to more luxurious and spacious studios with a spa, some of which can be interconnected for groups. Conveniently, BK’s Rotorua is located by a supermarket and within a short walk of the city centre. For more ultra-convenience self-catering stays, check out the 10 Best Self-Catering Accommodations in Rotorua.
Check BK’s Rotorua Motor Lodge out:
15. Wai Ora Lakeside Resort – Rotorua Accommodation with Private Spa Pool
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort is the place to unwind, rejuvenate and indulge in Rotorua, boasting a fabulous day spa. Contemporary fine dining can be experienced at the award-winning Mokoia Restaurant.
Check Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort out:
- Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort on Booking.com
- Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort on Trip.com
- Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort on Expedia
16. Ngamihi Lodge – Luxury Accommodation at Lake Okareka
Escape to Rotorua’s nearby Lake Okareka by staying at Ngamihi Lodge. There are three inviting suites at this designer B&B, some of which have two bedrooms should you have a larger group. For more lavish offerings like this, check out the 18 Best Luxury Accommodations in Rotorua.
Check Ngamihi Lodge out:
17. Holdens Bay Holiday Park – Cheap Holiday Park in Rotorua
One of the cheapest and highly rated holiday parks in Rotorua is Holdens Bay Holiday Park. Aside from tent and powered sites, basic cabins and self-contained motel units, guests are treated to an array of exciting shared facilities, such as an outdoor pool in summer, free indoor hot pools and an awesome kids’ playground.
Check Holdens Bay Holiday Park out:
18. VR Rotorua Lake Resort – Rotorua Lakes Accommodation
A tranquil retreat on the shores of Lake Rotoiti and a 15-minute drive from the hustle and bustle of town, VR Rotorua Lake Resort spans seven acres of manicured gardens and includes a swimming pool, spa and sauna and 42 luxurious rooms and suites.
Check VR Rotorua Lake Resort out:
- VR Rotorua Lake Resort on Booking.com
- VR Rotorua Lake Resort on Trip.com
- VR Rotorua Lake Resort on Expedia
19. All Seasons Holiday Park – Rotorua Airport Accommodation
As well as camping accommodation, All Seasons Holiday Park has bungalows, studios and apartments by the airport. Enjoy the swimming pool, tennis court and nearby walks in Hannah’s Bay, a short drive from the city centre. Also, free parking and WiFi!
Check All Seasons Holiday Park out:
- All Seasons Holiday Park on Booking.com
- All Seasons Holiday Park on Trip.com
- All Seasons Holiday Park on Expedia
20. KARANDA BnB – The Best B&B Accommodation in Rotorua
Perched on a hillside on the edge of town, KARANDA BnB offers charming accommodation with rooms suitable for solo travellers up to groups of five. Enjoy an included breakfast on the patio or dining room with unbeatable views.
Check KARANDA BnB out:
21. Rotorua BnB on Sumner – Cheap B&B Accommodation in Rotorua
Get the locals’ experiences at Rotorua BnB on Sumner. The homestay has three guest rooms in the leafy suburb of Glenholme. Enjoy an included breakfast, free airport pick-up and friendly hosts.
Check Rotorua BnB on Sumner out:
- Rotorua BnB on Sumner on Booking.com
- Rotorua BnB on Sumner on Trip.com
- Rotorua BnB on Sumner on Expedia
22. Quest Rotorua Central – The Best Apartment Hotel in Rotorua
The international apartment hotel has a presence in Rotorua. Quest Rotorua Central is convenient in its city-centre location, as well as its contemporary self-contained facilities.
Check Quest Rotorua Central out:
- Quest Rotorua Central on Booking.com
- Quest Rotorua Central on Trip.com
- Quest Rotorua Central on Expedia
23. Koutu Beach Bed and Breakfast – Relaxed B&B in Rotorua
Situated on a secluded beach on the shores of Lake Rotorua, Koutu Beach Bed and Breakfast easily earns its place on this list of best accommodations in Rotorua purely for the location. The B&B boasts well-appointed ensuite rooms.
Check Koutu Beach Bed and Breakfast out:
- Koutu Beach Bed and Breakfast on Booking.com
- Koutu Beach Bed and Breakfast on Trip.com
- Koutu Beach Bed and Breakfast on Expedia
24. Arista of Rotorua – Family-Friendly Accommodation in Rotorua
Another motel well worth considering on Motel Mile is Arista of Rotorua. Most rooms have been designed with families and groups in mind as no room is less than 62m (203ft). Each unit even has a private spa pool to enjoy, while you’ll be sure to keep warm in the thermally-heated rooms.
Check Arista of Rotorua out:
25. Regal Palms Resort – Rotorua Accommodation Near The Redwoods
A real vacation experience in Rotorua, the Regal Palms Resort has a collection of self-contained suites suitable for couples and families. Each suite features a private hot pool, while guests also have access to a heated swimming pool, free WiFi, a children’s playground, a mini-golf course, a sauna and a tennis court!
Check Regal Palms Resort out:
26. Thermal Oak Motel – Rotorua Accommodation with Thermal Hot Pools
A popular option on Motel Mile, Thermal Oak Motel has a selection of recently renovated studios, apartments and a flat for a reasonable price. They have two outdoor spa pools for guests to indulge in.
Check Thermal Oak Motel out:
27. Novotel Rotorua Lakeside – Rotorua City Centre Hotel
Stay in a contemporary 4.5-star hotel in the heart of Rotorua. While the Novotel Rotorua Lakeside is only moments away from Eat Street, it offers a fabulous bar and restaurant with a lake-view terrace. As for the rooms, relax in the earthy-toned interior with large picture windows allowing natural light to fill the room.
Check Novotel Rotorua Lakeside out:
- Novotel Rotorua Lakeside on Booking.com
- Novotel Rotorua Lakeside on Trip.com
- Novotel Rotorua Lakeside on Expedia
28. Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park – Budget Accommodation in Rotorua
Ideal for couples, groups or those wanting a lot of space to themselves, Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park has a great choice of cabins. Although it’s about 10 minutes drive from the city centre, it is within walking distance to other Rotorua attractions like Te Puia.
Check Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park out:
- Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park on Booking.com
- Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park on HostelWorld
- Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park on Trip.com
- Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park on Expedia
29. Malones Spa Motel – Rotorua Accommodation with Private Spa Baths
If you’re looking for something a little more stylish on the “Motel Mile” then set your sights on the four-star Malones Spa Motel. The accommodation features 20 rooms with cable TV, on-demand movies and basic kitchenette facilities. Most rooms also feature a private hot tub or plunge pool.
Check Malones Spa Motel out:
30. Millennium Hotel Rotorua – Rotorua Corporate Accommodation
Enjoy a pampered stay at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua. Downtime at the hotel can be made up using the on-site spa, fitness centre, gym and pool or by wining and dining at the ultra-sleek Bar Zazu, casual Brasserie Poolside Restaurant, or the fine dining venue Restaurant Nikau.
Check Millennium Hotel Rotorua out:
- Millennium Hotel Rotorua on Booking.com
- Millennium Hotel Rotorua on Trip.com
- Millennium Hotel Rotorua on Expedia
31. Rotorua Motel – Rotorua Accommodation on Malfroy Road
You can’t go too far wrong with the modern furnishings and spa bath accommodation of the Rotorua Motel. Most rooms come with either a spa bath or spa pool and a small yet modern kitchen.
Check Rotorua Motel out:
32. Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel – The Best Boutique Hotel in Rotorua
A stylish retreat on the shores of Lake Rotorua, Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel is well worth considering for a special occasion or “just because”. Bask in the views and enjoy elegant spaces throughout the property.
Check Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel out:
- Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel on Booking.com
- Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel on Trip.com
- Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel on Expedia
33. Capri on Fenton – Rotorua Motel with Private Thermal Spa Pools
Capri on Fenton is situated mid-way on Fenton Street, a short drive from the city centre and other Rotorua attractions. The motel has 17 spacious units complete with kitchens and a geothermally-heated spa pool.
Check Capri on Fenton out:
34. Peppers on the Point Lake Rotorua – Luxury Apartments in Rotorua
Another stunner on the lakefront, Peppers on the Point Lake Rotorua is a former 1930s mansion redesigned into a luxury hotel. There’s never a dull moment between the tennis court, spa treatments, library and farm animals on the grounds.
Check Peppers on the Point Lake Rotorua out:
- Peppers on the Point Lake Rotorua on Booking.com
- Peppers on the Point Lake Rotorua on Trip.com
- Peppers on the Point Lake Rotorua on Expedia
35. Solitaire Lodge – The Most Luxurious Accommodation in Rotorua
For a special occasion or simply to go all out, choose the most prestigious luxury lodge in Rotorua. The all-inclusive Solitaire Lodge boasts a premium position on the shores of Lake Tarawera surrounded by native bush and volcanic vistas.
Check Solitaire Lodge out:
36. Pullman Rotorua – The Best Five-Star Hotel in Rotorua
Towering high in the heart of Rotorua city, Pullman Rotorua boasts five-star luxury to go with its five-star views. Outside of your room and through the elegantly modern halls and foyers, you’ll find the farm-to-table cuisine of the Barrel & Co. Bar and Grill and indulgent treatments at Massage Eden Lifestyle & Wellness Spa.
Check Pullman Rotorua out:
37. Cedarwood Lakeside Motel & Conference Venue – Rotorua Airport Accommodation
Overlooking Holdens Bay yet conveniently close to the airport, Cedarwood Lakeside Motel & Conference Venue is a pleasant stay whether you’re visiting on leisure or business. Stay in attractive timber-lined studios and suites with easy access to the outside pool.
Check Cedarwood Lakeside Motel & Conference Venue out:
- Cedarwood Lakeside Motel & Conference Venue on Booking.com
- Cedarwood Lakeside Motel & Conference Venue on Trip.com
- Cedarwood Lakeside Motel & Conference Venue on Expedia
38. Palm Court Motor Inn – Rotorua Motel on Fenton Street
More “Motel Mile” delights await at this other well-appointed motel, Palm Court Motor Inn! There’s something for everyone between the 17 self-contained units, some with private courtyards containing a spa pool.
Check Palm Court Motor Inn out:
39. Cleveland Thermal Motel – Pet-Friendly Accommodation in Rotorua
Just down the road from Kuirau park and a short walk or drive into town, Cleveland Thermal Motel offers relaxing accommodation with its own indoor mineral pool. The eco-friendly motel has geothermally heated rooms, showers and a swimming pool.
Check Cleveland Thermal Motel out:
- Cleveland Thermal Motel on Booking.com
- Cleveland Thermal Motel on Trip.com
- Cleveland Thermal Motel on Expedia
40. The Willows – Luxury Holiday Homes on Lake Rotorua
Experience affordable lake-edge luxury with friends and family at this wonderful holiday home near Rainbow Springs. The Willows is kitted out with a gorgeous garden, free use of kayaks, a spa pool and four bedrooms sleeping up to 12 guests.
Check The Willows out:
41. City Lights Boutique Lodge – Rotorua Accommodation on Mt Ngongotaha
On the slopes of Mt Ngongotaha, City Lights Boutique Lodge offers one of the most luxurious B&B accommodations in Rotorua. There are three guest rooms available with a shared lounge, gym, sauna and spa.
Check City Lights Boutique Lodge out:
- City Lights Boutique Lodge on Booking.com
- City Lights Boutique Lodge on Trip.com
- City Lights Boutique Lodge on Expedia
42. Rotorua Downtown Backpackers – Cheap Accommodation in Rotorua City Centre
Rotorua Downtown Backpackers is right in the heart of New Zealand’s geothermal hub with the i-SITE and bus stop just down the road and all the shops and services at your fingertips.
Check Rotorua Downtown Backpackers out:
- Rotorua Downtown Backpackers on Booking.com
- Rotorua Downtown Backpackers on HostelWorld
- Rotorua Downtown Backpackers on Trip.com
- Rotorua Downtown Backpackers on Expedia
43. Emerald Spa Motor Inn – Rotorua Accommodation Near The Redwoods
A perfect retreat for couples, Emerald Spa Motor Inn offers romance packages and irresistible spa rooms. While the motel is a little out of town, it’s just a few minutes from the acclaimed Redwoods Forest. See more stays like this in 10 Best Romantic Accommodations in Rotorua.
Check Emerald Spa Motor Inn out:
44. Kiwi As Guest House – Cheap Guesthouse in Rotorua
Kiwi As Guest House is sitting on the fence. It’s not quite a backpacker hostel, yet not quite a hotel. Whatever you want to call it, Kiwi As Guest House has a mix of affordable accommodation with a 4-bed dorm, a single room with shared bathroom, family rooms and double rooms.
Check Kiwi As Guest House out:
45. Waiteti Trout Stream Holiday Park – Cheap Out-of-Town Holiday Park in Rotorua
Stay in locals’ favourite, Ngongotaha – a quiet corner of Lake Rotorua. Waiteti Trout Stream Holiday Park offers something for solo travellers, couples and groups with some of the best budget accommodation in Rotorua. What’s more, there are attractions of its own, such as fishing and kayaking.
Check Waiteti Trout Stream Holiday Park out:
46. Rotorua Central Backpackers – Cheap Backpacker Hostel in Rotorua
What? A hostel with no bunks? That’s right! Rotorua Central Backpackers is also the only hostel in town with baths. Alternatively, in the true spirit of Rotorua, bathe in the spa pool.
Check Rotorua Central Backpackers out:
47. Golden Glow Motel – Rotorua Motel with Private Spa Pools
Golden Glow Motel offers more premium features for your cash. At a reasonable price, get a private double, family or twin room with your own private spa pool. Not only is the Golden Glow Motel just a 5-minute walk from the city centre, but it also offers free WiFi, parking and shuttle service to and from the bus station.
Check Golden Glow Motel out:
48. Fenton Court Motel – Popular Motel on Fenton Street
And the motels keep on coming on Fenton Street (Motel Mile), this time at the Fenton Court Motel. Each motel room boasts a private spa bath and pool, a full kitchen, Sky TV and electric blankets to ensure a comfortable stay.
Check Fenton Court Motel out:
49. Astray Motel & Backpackers – Cheap Private Rooms in Rotorua City Centre
Astray is a compact hostel and motel that will blow you away with cleanliness and sleek decor. In a super convenient city-centre location – you can’t go wrong!
Check Astray Motel & Backpackers out:
- Astray Motel & Backpackers on Booking.com
- Astray Motel & Backpackers on Trip.com
- Astray Motel & Backpackers on Expedia
50. Gemini Lodge – Luxury Holiday Homes in Fairy Springs
Finally on our list of the best accommodations in Rotorua, indulge in a recipe of luxury at Gemini Lodge. There are four stunning holiday homes among the gorgeous lakeside grounds to choose from. The property has a large outdoor pool, spa pool, private jetty, fire pit, gym and more.
Check Gemini Lodge out:
More About Where to Stay and the Best Accommodations in Rotorua
Discover the must-do activities, as well as more of the best accommodations in Rotorua in the following articles:
- The Complete Travel Guide to Rotorua
- 25 Best Things to Do in Rotorua
- 15 Best Hotels in Rotorua
- 5 Free Camping Spots in Rotorua
- Rotorua: A Guide to Cheap Long-Term Accommodation
Finally, now that you know the best accommodations and where to stay in Rotorua, plan more of your trip around the North Island using the North Island in 2 Weeks: Road Trip Itinerary and New Zealand in 3 Weeks: Road Trip Itinerary.