The Only Queenstown Accommodation List You’ll Ever Need
Queenstown might be an extremely small town on the edge of Lake Wakatipu but, admittedly, the tourist hotspot has an overwhelming number of places to stay. That’s where this list of the best accommodations in Queenstown comes in.
This Queenstown accommodation list will be the only one you ever need, featuring stays from the most luxurious town-centre hotels to the most authentic rural B&Bs; from the flashiest backpacker hostels to the best family-friendly motels; and everything in between. So, find the perfect stay for you, right here, on the ultimate list of accommodations in Queenstown.
1. Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel
Far enough for a quiet retreat yet close enough for a stroll into town, Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel not only offers convenience but five-star luxury. The 22-room hotel treats guests to pre-dinner drinks and canapes each day.
Check Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel out:
- Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel on Booking.com
- Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel on Trip.com
- Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel on Expedia
2. Hidden Lodge Queenstown
The aptly named Hidden Lodge Queenstown is perched on a hillside shrouded in greenery on the outskirts of town. The five-star lodge boasts just four guest suites with unbeatable views.
Check Hidden Lodge Queenstown out:
- Hidden Lodge Queenstown on Booking.com
- Hidden Lodge Queenstown on Trip.com
- Hidden Lodge Queenstown on Expedia
3. The Canyons B&B
Escape to Arthurs Point and the banks of the Shotover River at this homely yet lavish B&B accommodation. The Canyons B&B offers three romantic rooms ideal for couples. Check out more like this in the 10 Best Romantic Accommodations in Queenstown.
Check The Canyons B&B out:
4. Adventure Queenstown Hostel
Affordable and friendly, Adventure Queenstown Hostel provides a boutique budget accommodation in Queenstown. The hostel offers (often) sundrenched balconies to relax on with fellow travellers – see more like this in the 11 Best Backpacker Hostels in Queenstown.
Check Adventure Queenstown Hostel out:
5. A Remarkable Stay – Jack’s Point Holiday Home
If you prefer your own private retreat, set your sights on this luxurious four-bedroom holiday home halfway between Queenstown and The Remarkables ski field. Enjoy panoramic views of the mountains from the cedar hot tub or while dining alfresco on the barbecue patio.
Check A Remarkable Stay out:
- A Remarkable Stay on Bachcare – And see more listings in Queenstown on Bachcare, the NZ version of Airbnb.
6. Platinum Queenstown Villa Apartments
Take your pick from lake or alpine views when you stay at Platinum Queenstown Villa Apartments. Perched on the sides of Fernhill are premium three-bedroom apartments ideal for family holidays and group gatherings. See more stays like this in the 10 Best Family Accommodations in Queenstown.
Check Platinum Queenstown out:
7. Hulbert House Luxury Boutique Lodge Queenstown
Another stunning boutique accommodation in Queenstown, Hulbert House Luxury Boutique Lodge oozes historical charm. There are six uniquely decorated rooms on offer, all just a short walk from town.
Check Hulbert House out:
8. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments
Treat your loved ones or impress your group with a stay at The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments. While the five-star apartment hotel is a little out of town, it offers complimentary shuttles, as well as a water taxi service from a private wharf. See more like this in our 10 Best Luxury Accommodations in Queenstown.
Check The Rees Hotel out:
9. The Old Ferry Hotel Bed & Breakfast
Be transported to the gold mining era of Queenstown at The Old Ferry Hotel Bed & Breakfast. Set on the banks of the Shotover River between Queenstown and Lake Hayes, the endearing homestay includes an indulgent cooked and continental breakfast.
Check The Old Ferry Hotel Bed & Breakfast out:
- The Old Ferry Hotel Bed & Breakfast on Booking.com
- The Old Ferry Hotel Bed & Breakfast on Trip.com
- The Old Ferry Hotel Bed & Breakfast on Expedia
10. Manata Homestead & Lodge
A home away from home that you’ll never want to leave, Manata Homestead & Lodge is the ideal place to entertain your family or group with an outdoor swimming pool, swing set, mountain bikes, barbecue area and more.
Check Manata Homestead & Lodge out:
- Manata Homestead & Lodge on Booking.com
- Manata Homestead & Lodge on Trip.com
- Manata Homestead & Lodge on Expedia
11. Lomond Lodge Motel & Apartments
Topping our list of one of the best motel accommodations in Queenstown, Lomond Lodge Motel & Apartments is super central, well-appointed and reasonably priced! Enough said.
Check Lomond Lodge Motel & Apartments out:
- Lomond Lodge Motel & Apartments on Booking.com
- Lomond Lodge Motel & Apartments on Trip.com
- Lomond Lodge Motel & Apartments on Expedia
12. Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa
A luxury hotel on the central streets of Queenstown, Sofitel Queenstown Hostel & Spa offers a stay in effortless luxury. Enjoy fine dining, a day spa and elegant interiors. See more options like this in the 10 Best Hotels in Queenstown.
Check Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa out:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa on Booking.com
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa on Trip.com
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa on Expedia
13. The Glebe Apartments
Treat your family or group to an easy stay at The Glebe Apartments in the centre of Queenstown. The accommodation boasts contemporary fully self-contained apartments surrounding an attractive courtyard.
Check The Glebe Apartments out:
- The Glebe Apartments on Booking.com
- The Glebe Apartments on Trip.com
- The Glebe Apartments on Expedia
14. The Spire Hotel
Jutting out over the vibrant central streets of Queenstown, The Spire Hotel offers tastefully decorated five-star rooms with a stone-clad fireplace for a cosy ambience in winter and a large balcony to soak up the sun in summer.
Check The Spire Hotel out:
15. Villa Del Lago
Choose from two or three-bedroom villas, as well as one-bedroom king suites at the luxurious Villa Del Lago. The serviced apartments in Fernhill feature full kitchens and access to a herb garden to make the most of it! See more options like this in the 10 Best Holiday Apartments in Queenstown.
Check Villa Del Lago out:
16. Adventure Q2 Hostel
The sister hostel of the acclaimed Adventure Queenstown Hostel, Adventure Q2 Hostel offers the same friendly service and quality rooms on a boutique scale – a good backup up if the other hostel is fully booked!
Check Adventure Q2 Hostel out:
17. Alexis Motel & Apartments
Lake views yet conveniently close to town: what else could you want from a motel in Queenstown? The studios and apartments of Alexis Motel & Apartments are simple but clean with self-catering facilities.
Check Alexis Motel & Apartments out:
- Alexis Motel & Apartments on Booking.com
- Alexis Motel & Apartments on Trip.com
- Alexis Motel & Apartments on Expedia
18. Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa
Stay among the vines of the Otago wine region at the Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa. Getaways to these luxury villas include breakfast, wine tasting and access to a gym, sauna, spa and hot pool.
Check Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa out:
- Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa on Booking.com
- Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa on Trip.com
- Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa on Expedia
19. Absoloot Hostel QT
If convenience is your king, then this is the hostel for you. Positioned on the lakefront in downtown Queenstown, Absoloot comes with free WiFi, well-maintained facilities and friendly staff to help you get the most from your stay.
Check out Absoloot Hostel QT here!
20. Heritage Queenstown
Crafted from schist stone and cedar, Heritage Queenstown elevates the ambience of this alpine town. There’s accommodation for all traveller types including those who wish to have their own kitchen space in the hotel’s suites.
Check Heritage Queenstown out:
21. Garden Court Suites & Apartments
Offering a variety of studios and apartments at an affordable price, Garden Court Suites & Apartments is an excellent choice for budget-conscious travellers.
Check Garden Court Suites & Apartments out:
- Garden Court Suites & Apartments on Booking.com
- Garden Court Suites & Apartments on Trip.com
- Garden Court Suites & Apartments on Expedia
22. Tahuna Pod Hostel
We love the pod concept of the Tahuna Pod Hostel dorms. Get your own isolated bed and shut the curtains when you want to get a proper night’s rest at this budget accommodation. The modern facilities and the super friendly staff are just the icing on top.
Check Tahuna Pod Hostel out:
23. Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
Located on the tranquil shores of Lake Wakatipu with Queenstown a mere 10-minute water taxi ride away, Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa is your ultimate retreat. The five-star resort has 178 rooms, each complete with a private balcony, cosy fireplace and access to vibrant facilities with a spa and multiple dining options.
Check Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa out:
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa on Booking.com
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa on Trip.com
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa on Expedia
24. Amity Serviced Apartments
Enjoy your own space and kitchen facilities at an affordable price at Amity Serviced Apartments. The budget apartments offer one and two-bedroom apartments with or without a mountain view.
Check Amity Serviced Apartments out:
- Amity Serviced Apartments on Booking.com
- Amity Serviced Apartments on Trip.com
- Amity Serviced Apartments on Expedia
25. Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown
Enjoy modern furnishings, majestic views and home comforts when you stay at Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu. Each suite boasts underfloor heating, a gas fire, a full kitchen, USB charging stations and some suites feature a private balcony.
Check Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu out:
- Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu on Booking.com
- Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu on Trip.com
- Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu on Expedia
26. Whistler Holiday Apartments
Another fantastic home-away-from-home experience awaits at Whistler Holiday Apartments. Although the apartment accommodation is on the edge of town, it’s only 10 minutes walk to the town centre.
Check Whistler Holiday Apartments out:
- Whistler Holiday Apartments on Booking.com
- Whistler Holiday Apartments on Trip.com
- Whistler Holiday Apartments on Expedia
27. Kamana Lakehouse
Another breathtaking boutique hotel, Kamana Lakehouse boasts some of the best private hot pools offered by an accommodation in Queenstown. Choose between view-capturing king and twin rooms and apartments.
Check Kamana Lakehouse out:
28. Blue Peaks Lodge
Blue Peaks Lodge is within walking distance of Queenstown Garden. Free parking is available to save you from those hefty parking prices of the town centre. Rooms are simple but comfortable and affordable.
Check Blue Peaks Lodge out:
29. The Waterfront
Enjoy the comforts of home in the two-bedroom apartments or two-bedroom penthouses of The Waterfront. Each apartment has its own kitchen, two bathrooms in some cases, Sky TV, as well as access to free WiFi, ski lockers and underground parking.
Check The Waterfront out:
30. Nugget Point, A THC Group Hotel
Swap your ultra-modern hotels for something stylishly traditional at Nugget Point. Enjoy a truly unique stay with a Roman-style spa, as well as a gym, squash court, private movie theatre, library, WiFi and oh-so-much more.
Check Nugget Point out:
Sherwood is an eco-friendly hotel with refurbished rooms made with recycled materials, while their restaurant serves meals made with organic food. Relax on a hillside overlooking Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables mountain range, a 5-minute drive from the city centre.
Check Sherwood out:
32. Queenstown TOP 10 Holiday Park
Situated in the suburb of Arthurs Point, Queenstown TOP 10 Holiday Park might be a little out of town, but there are affordable cottages, as well as places to camp. See more like this in Where to Camp in Queenstown.
Check Queenstown TOP 10 Holiday Park out:
- Queenstown TOP 10 Holiday Park on Booking.com
- Queenstown TOP 10 Holiday Park on Trip.com
- Queenstown TOP 10 Holiday Park on Expedia
33. Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road
For great value accommodation, choose the Holiday Inn Queenstown. From standard double rooms to family suites, there’s something for every kind of traveller. Plus, the hotel allows kids under 12 to stay and eat for free. See more stays like this in the 10 Best Family Accommodations in Queenstown.
Check Holiday Inn Queenstown out:
- Holiday Inn Queenstown on Booking.com
- Holiday Inn Queenstown on Trip.com
- Holiday Inn Queenstown on Expedia
34. Hotel St Moritz Queenstown – Mgallery by Sofitel
A five-star design-driven hotel just a short walk from town, Hotel St Moritz Queenstown is well worth considering for a special occasion. Choose between rooms with your choice of lake or garden view, opt for a balcony, or enjoy more space in one of the suites.
Check Hotel St Moritz out:
35. Melbourne Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Fantastic location, spectacular views and all for an affordable price, Melbourne Lodge offers private rooms that are especially good value for solo travellers or couples. Breakfast is included in your stay. The lodge is just five minutes walk from town.
Check Melbourne Lodge out:
36. Caples Court
With a prime location in the centre of Queenstown, plus budget self-contained studios and apartments, how can you go wrong with Caples Court? Each studio has at least a private lounge, kitchenette, bathroom and patio.
Check Caples Court out:
37. Novotel Queenstown Lakeside
This four-star hotel offers a double whammy when it comes to location: in the centre of town and on the shores of Lake Wakatipu. Novotel Queenstown Lakeside makes for a stunning location to enjoy the buffet breakfast from the fabulous restaurant or a glass of wine from your balcony.
Check Novotel Queenstown Lakeside out:
- Novotel Queenstown Lakeside on Booking.com
- Novotel Queenstown Lakeside on Trip.com
- Novotel Queenstown Lakeside on Expedia
38. Mercure Queenstown Resort
Located on the hillside of Fernhill, Mercure Queenstown Resort features elevated views of Lake Wakatipu. Treat yourself to an array of amenities such as a seasonal pool, sauna and spa, fitness centre and two restaurants with breathtaking views of the lake. See more stays like this in the 10 Things to Do in Queenstown for Foodies.
Check the Mercure Queenstown Resort out:
- Mercure Queenstown Resort on Booking.com
- Mercure Queenstown Resort on Trip.com
- Mercure Queenstown Resort on Expedia
39. Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park
Whether you need a self-contained studio or a place to camp, Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park can provide. The accommodation is within short walking distance from the town centre and offers some great views of Lake Wakatipu.
Check Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park out:
- Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park on Booking.com
- Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park on Trip.com
- Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park on Expedia
40. DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown
An ideal base for skiing at The Remarkables in winter or to escape the hustle and bustle of the town in summer, DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown offers a lakeside retreat in Kawarau Village.
Check DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown out:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown on Booking.com
- DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown on Trip.com
- DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown on Expedia
41. Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview
Nestled in gardens and with many rooms overlooking Lake Wakatipu, Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview is an excellent choice in town. The four-star hotel has rooms with a private patio or balcony and offers free WiFi.
Check the Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview out:
42. Millennium Hotel Queenstown
Couples, business travellers and families alike will love what’s on offer at the four-star Millennium Hotel Queenstown. The Queenstown hotel based on Frankton Road in between town and the ski fields has a shuttle service, gym, Jacuzzi, free WiFi and a marvellous on-site restaurant.
Check the Millennium Hotel out:
43. Peppers Beacon
An idyllic lakeside location only five minutes walk from town, Peppers Beacon is a five-star luxury option for apartments in Queenstown. However large your tribe, you’ll find the right fit with a wealth of two to five-bedroom apartments available.
Check Peppers Beacon out:
44. Marina Apartments Element Escapes
For a more independent apartment holiday, consider Marina Apartments Element Escapes. Choose from two locations in Queenstown, either in the heart of the town or along Frankton Road – both of which offer luxurious non-serviced apartments.
Check Marina Apartments Element Escapes out:
- Marina Apartments Element Escapes on Booking.com
- Marina Apartments Element Escapes on Trip.com
- Marina Apartments Element Escapes on Expedia
45. Heartland Hotel Queenstown
Boasting a central location and unique A-frame buildings, the Heartland Hotel is a great choice for couples, friends and families looking for a value hotel in Queenstown.
Check the Heartland Hotel out:
46. Flaming Kiwi Backpackers
Flaming Kiwi is a sociable and affordable hostel that is a 5-minute walk from town. Even the eight-bed dorms are spacious and facilities are kept generally clean.
Check Flaming Kiwi Backpackers out:
- Flaming Kiwi Backpackers on Booking.com
- Flaming Kiwi Backpackers on Trip.com
- Flaming Kiwi Backpackers on Expedia
47. Pinewood Lodge & Apartments
For travellers on a budget, Pinewood Lodge certainly will provide an easy and convenient stay. The accommodation village, a mere seven minutes walk from town, offers houses, cabins and studios, as well as private rooms and dorm rooms with shared facilities.
Check Pinewood Lodge out:
48. Rydges Queenstown
Convenience and idyllic views unite here at Rydges Queenstown with its lakeshore location only a five-minute walk from town. While the hotel’s exterior is nothing short of grand, standing majestically over Lake Wakatipu, the room interiors are certainly simpler but functional.
Check Rydges Queenstown out:
49. Remarkables Queenstown
Stay on the alternative side of town between Queenstown Airport and The Remarkables Shopping Centre. Remarkables Queenstown is a sleek and classy budget hotel with a number of private rooms with a shared lounge, laundry and kitchen facilities.
Check Remarkables Queenstown out:
50. Lakeside Motel
One of the more affordable and centrally-located budget accommodations in Queenstown is the Lakeside Motel. What’s more, they offer rooms that are fully self-contained with a kitchen and bathroom so you will have everything you need.
Check Lakeside Motel out:
More About the Best Accommodations in Queenstown
That’s it for the best accommodations in Queenstown. Discover the must-do activities, as well as more of the best accommodations in Queenstown in the following articles:
- 45 Best Things to Do in Queenstown
- 10 Queenstown Travel Tips for First-Timers
- 10 Best Hotels in Queenstown
- 5 Free Camping Spots in Queenstown
- Queenstown: A Guide to Cheap Long-Term Accommodation
Finally, now that you know the best accommodation in Queenstown, plan more of your trip around the South Island using the South Island in 2 Weeks: New Zealand Road Trip Itinerary and New Zealand in 3 Weeks: Road Trip Itinerary.