The Only Auckland Accommodation List You’ll Ever Need
Spanning from the subtropical reaches of Mangawhai down to Bombay and the borders of the Waikato region, Auckland is not only an overwhelming region to explore but offers an overwhelming number of places to stay. That’s why we’ve put together the only Auckland accommodation list you’ll ever need, including the best five-star hotels to the best-value hostels; the best deals in the city centre out to the must-stays on Waiheke, North Shore and beyond. Find the perfect retreat, right here, in the top 50 best accommodations in Auckland.
1. Ohtel Auckland – The Best Hotel in Auckland
A chic five-star boutique hotel on a quieter street of the Viaduct Harbour, Ohtel Auckland offers a lavish contemporary stay in the city centre. Enjoy designer rooms ideal for couples and solo travellers, as well as indulgent facilities including a swimming pool among private parkland.
Check Ohtel Auckland out:
2. President Hotel Auckland – The Best-Value Hotel in Auckland
Part of the CPG Hotels Group, President Hotel Auckland is a three-star hotel with an excellent city-centre location. The hotel offers affordable yet appealing rooms, suites and units, some complete with kitchen facilities. Enjoy complimentary WiFi and even a cooked breakfast if booked directly! Check out deals on the President Hotel Auckland at cpghotels.com.
3. Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group – The Best Luxury Hotel in Auckland
Choose from the 411 stylish contemporary rooms and suites at the Cordis, Auckland with rooms to suit all types of travellers. The rooms, however, are just the beginning: Chuan Spa and Health Club and the Cordis Kids program are some of the five-star facilities. See 25 Best Luxury Hotels in Auckland for more hotels like this.
Check Cordis, Auckland out:
4. Ponsonby Manor Guest House – The Best Guest House in Auckland
For a touch of timeless luxury – yet at a reasonable price – Ponsonby Manor offers a stylish stay in a modernly renovated 1865 mansion. Located in the trendy Ponsonby suburb, the guest house is a five-minute drive/25-minute walk from the city centre. This stay is also featured in the 10 Best Family Accommodations in Auckland.
Check Ponsonby Manor out:
5. The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour – The Best Accommodation in the Auckland CBD
The 4.5-star Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour offers modern and sophisticated suites and studios with fully equipped kitchens. That’s not to say that you don’t have access to amazing eateries, including the hotel’s on-site restaurant offering Kiwi classics. Need more hotel options, take a look at the 25 Best Hotels in Auckland.
Check The Sebel Auckland out:
6. SkyCity Hotel Auckland – The Most Popular Hotel in Auckland
It doesn’t get more central than SkyCity Hotel Auckland, located at the SkyCity complex at the base of the Sky Tower. SkyCity Auckland offers rooms for all travellers, as well as an extensive service menu including babysitting, an on-site spa and more than 20 bars and restaurants.
Check SkyCity Hotel Auckland out:
- SkyCity Hotel Auckland on Booking.com
- SkyCity Hotel Auckland on Trip.com
- SkyCity Hotel Auckland on Expedia
7. Eden Park Bed and Breakfast Inn – The Best B&B in Auckland
Located in the trendy inner-city suburb of Mt Eden, Eden Park Bed and Breakfast Inn offers a luxurious boutique stay without the over-the-top price tag. The charming B&B is ideal for couples and solo travellers. See more romantic stays like this in the 21 Most Romantic Hotels & Accommodations in Auckland.
Check Eden Park Bed and Breakfast Inn out:
- Eden Park Bed and Breakfast Inn on Booking.com
- Eden Park Bed and Breakfast Inn on Trip.com
- Eden Park Bed and Breakfast Inn on Expedia
8. Barclay Suites – The Best Self-Catering Accommodation in Auckland
Live like a local when you stay at the Barclay Suites in Auckland Central. This modern apartment hotel has a fully-equipped kitchen, yet a breakfast room delivery service and pre-order dining service are available to remind you that you’re on holiday. See more stays with self-catering facilities in the 10 Best Self-Catering Accommodations in Auckland.
Check Barclay Suites out:
9. Empire Apartments – The Best Cheap Accommodation in Auckland
It’s hard to beat the price and convenience of the Empire Apartments, which is why this stay easily makes it into the top 10 of the best accommodations in Auckland. Choose from private apartments or a private room in a shared apartment in Auckland Central. See more like this in the 20 Best Budget Accommodations in Auckland.
Check Empire Apartments out:
- Empire Apartments on Booking.com
- Empire Apartments on HostelWorld
- Empire Apartments on Trip.com
- Empire Apartments on Expedia
10. Attic Backpackers – The Best Hostel in Auckland
Well hidden inside a long corridor and up an old lift, Attic Backpackers is a well-appointed and vibrant hostel in Auckland Central. Be sure to book early for this popular stay with unbeatable prices. It also features in the 30 Best Backpacker Hostels in Auckland.
Check Attic Backpackers out:
11. Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour (Auckland Central)
Easily making it onto this list of the top accommodations in Auckland Central, the international hotel brand Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour boasts excellent views of the city centre marina which can be enjoyed from the floor-to-ceiling windows of your room or suite.
Check Sofitel Auckland out:
12. Andelin Guest House (Devonport)
Escape to Devonport, conveniently close to the Auckland ferry terminal, at the luxurious Andelin Guest House. The romantic retreat is a tastefully restored 1800s villa with modern amenities. See more stays like this in the 20 Most Romantic Hotels in Auckland.
Check Andelin Guest House out:
13. Hotel DeBrett (Auckland Central)
Nestled at the end of Auckland Central‘s vibrant High Street and moments away from Queen Street, Hotel DeBrett is a luxurious boutique hotel with a characteristic art deco flair. Stick around for high tea or a drink at the popular Cornerbar.
Check Hotel DeBrett out:
14. The Grand by SkyCity (Auckland Central)
The five-star instalment from SkyCity is The Grand by SkyCity. The executive car service and chauffeur day tours available are just the beginning. The East Day Spa, 25 m (82 ft) lap pool, gym, business centre, pillow menu and babysitting are some of the services included to complete this luxurious parcel.
Check The Grand by SkyCity out:
- The Grand by SkyCity on Booking.com
- The Grand by SkyCity on Trip.com
- The Grand by SkyCity on Expedia
15. Haka Lodge Auckland (K Road)
Haka Lodge Auckland is another one of Auckland’s most well-appointed hostels, featuring pod beds for ultimate privacy. It’s a great base to explore Karangahape Road (K Road) while being within walking distance of the city centre.
Check Haka Lodge Auckland out:
- Haka Lodge Auckland on Booking.com
- Haka Lodge Auckland on HostelWorld
- Haka Lodge Auckland on Expedia
16. Pullman Auckland – The Best Five-Star Hotel in Auckland
There’s almost no room that Pullman Auckland does not do. The five-star hotel not only does your complete range of queen and king rooms with stylish modern furniture, but the hotel also offers a wide range of self-contained apartments.
Check Pullman Auckland out:
17. ibis budget Auckland Central – The Best Budget Hotel in Auckland
Modernly designed, ibis budget Auckland Central gives that private hotel room experience without the big price tag. Additionally, enjoy free WiFi and a kitchenette with a stove, microwave, fridge and cooking utensils in each room.
Check ibis budget Auckland Central out:
- ibis budget Auckland Central on Booking.com
- ibis budget Auckland Central on Trip.com
- ibis budget Auckland Central on Expedia
18. Terry & Cindy’s Bed & Breakfast (Mission Bay)
Couples and solo travellers, take a look at the homely Terry & Cindy’s Bed & Breakfast. Wedged between Auckland Central and Mission Bay, the accommodation is ideal for exploring Auckland’s waterfront suburbs.
Check Terry & Cindy’s Bed & Breakfast out:
- Terry & Cindy’s Bed & Breakfast on Booking.com
- Terry & Cindy’s Bed & Breakfast on Trip.com
- Terry & Cindy’s Bed & Breakfast on Expedia
19. The Boat House (Howick)
Looking for a couples’ escape? Take a look at this unique hillside A-frame chalet overlooking the harbour waters of Shelly Park. Entry to The Boat House is the main event here with its cable car through the bush. See what there is to do nearby in the 6 Best Things to Do in Howick & Half Moon Bay.
Check The Boat House out:
20. Auckland City Hotel (Auckland Central)
Another conveniently located hotel in the city is the Auckland City Hotel. The stylish hotel has rooms for solo travellers to families, each with added luxuries, such as an espresso machine and multiple TVs. There’s an on-site restaurant open for breakfast and dinner, as well as a French cafe open for breakfast and lunch.
Check Auckland City Hotel out:
21. Columbia Apartments – The Cheapest Apartments in Auckland
Another one of the great budget accommodations in Auckland is Columbia Apartments. Relax in your own private apartment or a private room in a shared apartment close to the heart of Auckland city.
Check Columbia Apartments out:
- Columbia Apartments on Booking.com
- Columbia Apartments on HostelWorld
- Columbia Apartments on Trip.com
- Columbia Apartments on Expedia
22. Verandahs Parkside Lodge – The Best Backpackers in Auckland
Escape to Freemans Bay and get a taste of Auckland’s history at Verandahs Parkside Lodge. The two restored colonial houses give you a homely feel making you forget that you are actually staying in an affordable hostel – one that’s certainly one of the best accommodations in Auckland!
Check Verandahs Parkside Lodge out:
- Verandahs Parkside Lodge on Booking.com
- Verandahs Parkside Lodge on HostelWorld
- Verandahs Parkside Lodge on Trip.com
- Verandahs Parkside Lodge on Expedia
23. The Hotel Britomart – The Most Stylish Hotel in Auckland
Injecting a little bit of nature into the heart of Britomart, The Hotel Britomart can’t help but take your breath away with its bush-clad and natural stonework designs. If you can pry yourself away from your room and awesome city view, you have various spaces to relax between the lounge, Wine and Chef’s Library and the sustainably sourced seafood specialists of their on-site restaurant, kingi.
Check The Hotel Britomart out:
24. Piha Beachstay Accommodation – The Best Accommodation in Piha
Stay at Auckland’s most popular surf beach at the Piha Beachstay Accommodation. The accommodation gets a lot of sunlight and great views of the wild west coast of Auckland. Plus, surf gear can be hired on-site.
Check Piha Beachstay Accommodation out:
- Piha Beachstay Accommodation on Booking.com
- Piha Beachstay Accommodation on HostelWorld
- Piha Beachstay Accommodation on Trip.com
- Piha Beachstay Accommodation on Expedia
25. Heaven’s Rest B&B – The Best Accommodation in South Auckland
A welcome retreat among the pastures of the Bombay Hills, Heaven’s Rest B&B is well worth considering on your way in or out of Auckland. The modern B&B with a spa pool has rooms for solo travellers to families.
Check Heaven’s Rest B&B out:
26. Ramada Suites Victoria Street West – The Best Apartments in Auckland CBD
When looking for an apartment stay in Auckland with self-catering facilities, you can’t go too wrong with Ramada Suites Victoria Street West. Note that there are also Ramada Suites in Albany, Manukau and Orewa also in Auckland.
Check Ramada Suites Victoria Street West out:
- Ramada Suites Victoria Street West on Booking.com
- Ramada Suites Victoria Street West on Trip.com
- Ramada Suites Victoria Street West on Expedia
27. Quest on Eden (Auckland Central)
The international apartment hotel chain, known for its stylish apartments, certainly provides a clean and convenient stay in Auckland. Couples, families and small groups are catered to at Quest on Eden with various-sized apartments within walking distance of the city centre.
Check Quest on Eden out:
28. The Spencer Hotel – The Best Accommodation in Auckland North Shore
Looking for an alternative location in Auckland? Consider staying at The Spencer Hotel at Takapuna Beach. The hotel is a popular accommodation in Auckland with couples thanks to its romantic rooms, award-winning dining and a location a mere 500 metres from the sandy shores of Takapuna Beach.
Check The Spencer Hotel out:
29. Metro Adventurer (Auckland Central)
This hostel on Hobson Street is so central that you can see the Sky Tower from many of the room windows. Relax in Metro Adventurer‘s newly kitted-out lounge or large kitchen and stay in affordable private rooms and dorm rooms.
Check Metro Adventurer out:
30. Lush & Co Auckland Bed & Breakfast – Cheap Accommodation in West Auckland
A charming B&B accommodation in West Auckland with reasonable prices, Lush & Co Auckland Bed & Breakfast is well worth considering. There are four queen/king rooms available, each with free breakfast, WiFi, off-street parking, air-conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities and more.
Check Lush & Co Auckland Bed & Breakfast out:
- Lush & Co Auckland Bed & Breakfast on Booking.com
- Lush & Co Auckland Bed & Breakfast on Trip.com
- Lush & Co Auckland Bed & Breakfast on Expedia
31. The Parnell Hotel & Conference Centre – The Best Accommodation in Parnell
The Parnell Hotel & Conference Centre is just a 10-minute walk from the Auckland Domain which connects the suburb of Parnell to the city centre. The reasonably-priced accommodation offers conveniences such as free WiFi, free parking, en-suite rooms and morning newspaper delivery.
Check The Parnell Hotel out:
32. Parkside Hotel & Apartments (Auckland Central)
Located by some of Auckland Central’s most stunning city parks, Parkside Hotel & Apartments is a top choice for couples, families and groups. Nights in are made easy thanks to the on-site restaurant, private kitchens and private balcony facilities in each room. There’s a pool too!
Check Parkside Hotel & Apartments out:
- Parkside Hotel & Apartments on Booking.com
- Parkside Hotel & Apartments on Trip.com
- Parkside Hotel & Apartments on Expedia
33. Mudbrick Cottages – The Best Accommodation on Waiheke Island
Set among the grounds of the Mudbrick Vineyard on Waiheke Island, Mudbrick Cottages is one of several luxury accommodations in Auckland provided by Mudbrick. Enjoy the cottages’ old-world charm combined with foodie experiences just moments away at the on-site restaurant.
Check Mudbrick Cottages out:
34. Auckland Harbour Suites (Auckland Central)
Part of the Oaks Hotels group, Auckland Harbour Suites provides a home-away-from-home experience through their reasonably priced self-catering apartments in the city centre. Plus, long stays are available.
Check Auckland Harbour Suites out:
- Auckland Harbour Suites on Booking.com
- Auckland Harbour Suites on Trip.com
- Auckland Harbour Suites on Expedia
35. Kiwi International Hotel – The Cheapest Hotel in Auckland
Kiwi International Hotel is particularly good for solo travellers wanting a private room at an affordable price. Rooms range from single rooms with shared bathrooms to family rooms and apartments – all located on Queen Street.
Check Kiwi International Hotel out:
- Kiwi International Hotel on Booking.com
- Kiwi International Hotel on HostelWorld
- Kiwi International Hotel on Trip.com
- Kiwi International Hotel on Expedia
36. Flat Bush Holiday Accommodation – Cheap Accommodation in East Auckland
A hotel-esque homestay in East Auckland, Flat Bush Holiday Accommodation certainly offers unique yet affordable accommodation in Auckland. The quirky decor will be pleasing to some, while others will appreciate the convenience of a kitchen. They also offer airport pick-up services.
Check Flat Bush Holiday Accommodation out:
- Flat Bush Holiday Accommodation on Booking.com
- Flat Bush Holiday Accommodation on Trip.com
- Flat Bush Holiday Accommodation on Expedia
37. No.9 Hotel – The Best Accommodation in Newmarket
Based in one of Auckland’s most popular shopping precincts, No.9 Hotel in Newmarket provides modern queen, twin and four-bed ensuites, some with private kitchen facilities. The three-star hotel also has an on-site cafe.
Check No.9 Hotel out:
38. Delamore Lodge (Waiheke Island)
More luxury awaits on Waiheke, this time at one of the most prestigious five-star resort-style accommodations in Auckland, Delamore Lodge. Enjoy panoramic views from the infinity pool, restaurant or your suite or apartment’s balcony.
Check Delamore Lodge out:
39. Park Hyatt Auckland (Auckland Central)
Overlooking the sheltered waters of Wynyard Quarter, Park Hyatt Auckland offers another stunning five-star option close to the city centre. It’s the ultimate go-to for R&R, boasting a lap pool, spa, fitness centre and more with unbeatable views.
Check Park Hyatt Auckland out:
40. Jet Park Airport Hotel – The Best Auckland Airport Accommodation
Jet Park Airport Hotel provides modern luxurious accommodation among the green parklands surrounding Auckland Airport. King and twin rooms boast a unique piece of art, while families will find some of the most catered family suites available in New Zealand. There are even pet stay rooms if you’re travelling with a furry friend!
Check Jet Park Airport Hotel out:
- Jet Park Airport Hotel on Booking.com
- Jet Park Airport Hotel on Trip.com
- Jet Park Airport Hotel on Expedia
41. Whangaparaoa Lodge – The Best Accommodation in North Auckland
Situated along the glistening shores of Whangaparaoa in North Auckland, Whangaparaoa Lodge offers upmarket motel accommodation. Choose from modern rooms with king beds and kitchenettes.
Check Whangaparaoa Lodge out:
42. Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel (Auckland Airport)
If you’re looking for a luxury stay near Auckland Airport then set your sights on the Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel. The four-star hotel has modern rooms suitable for couples, business travellers and families. Services include babysitting, currency exchange, parking, Mac web corner, a fitness centre and more.
Check Novotel Auckland Airport out:
- Novotel Auckland Airport on Booking.com
- Novotel Auckland Airport on Trip.com
- Novotel Auckland Airport on Expedia
43. ibis budget Auckland Airport – The Cheapest Accommodation at Auckland Airport
For an affordable yet modern hotel only a 10-minute drive from the Auckland Airport, choose ibis budget Auckland Airport. The 3-star hotel offers a wide range of rooms to suit all traveller types. All children under the age of 12 can use the existing bedding in a room for free, making ibis budget Auckland Airport an irresistible option for families.
Check ibis budget Auckland Airport out:
- ibis budget Auckland Airport on Booking.com
- ibis budget Auckland Airport on Trip.com
- ibis budget Auckland Airport on Expedia
44. Quest Takapuna (North Shore)
A modern apartment hotel complex next to the North Shore Hospital, Quest Takapuna offers a convenient stay with full self-catering facilities. Studios and one-bedroom apartments are modern and well-kept at this Auckland accommodation.
Check Quest Takapuna out:
45. Mövenpick Hotel Auckland – Best Four-Star Hotel in Auckland
Situated in the fantastic dining and shopping precinct of Britomart, Mövenpick Hotel Auckland is a four-star hotel with something for couples, business travellers and families. Dining can also be enjoyed at the hotel on the top floor offering epic views.
Check Mövenpick Hotel Auckland out:
- Mövenpick Hotel Auckland on Booking.com
- Mövenpick Hotel Auckland on Trip.com
- Mövenpick Hotel Auckland on Expedia
46. VR Auckland City – Budget Apartment Hotel in Auckland
Give your group more space at a reasonable price at VR Auckland City. The apartment hotel with self-catering facilities in each apartment also offers onsite parking, free WiFi and complimentary in-room continental breakfast. What’s more, Queen Street is just a short walk away.
Check VR Auckland City out:
47. Nesuto St Martins Apartment Hotel (Auckland Central)
For groups or families who would like the convenience of making family meals together, Nesuto St Martins Apartment Hotel‘s self-contained apartments are ideal. The location of the hotel is between Auckland’s bustling centre at the southern end of Queen Street and the Auckland Domain.
Check Nesuto St Martins Apartment Hotel out:
- Nesuto St Martins Apartment Hotel on Booking.com
- Nesuto St Martins Apartment Hotel on Trip.com
- Nesuto St Martins Apartment Hotel on Expedia
48. Sol Spa Oasis – Surfdale Holiday Home
Auckland isn’t all about the city and this luxury holiday home on Waiheke Island more than showcases that. Sol Spa Oasis in sunny Surfdale offers an idyllic island getaway with its perched position overlooking the azure waters of the Hauraki Gulf. This two-bedroom holiday home is one of the best we’ve found in Auckland.
Check Sol Spa Oasis out:
49. Fort Street Accommodation (Auckland Central)
With a rooftop spa, sundeck and hundreds of beds, the huge hostel of Fort Street Accommodation provides a cheap and cheerful stay in the heart of Auckland city. A variety of private rooms are available at this final instalment of the best accommodations in Auckland.
Check Fort Street Accommodation out:
- Fort Street Accommodation on Booking.com
- Fort Street Accommodation on HostelWorld
- Fort Street Accommodation on Trip.com
- Fort Street Accommodation on Expedia
50. Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel (Auckland Airport)
Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel makes getting between your room and airport all too easy thanks to their free airport shuttle service and free car parking for up to 10 days. Recognisable by the giant kiwi bird perched on the hotel’s roof, the hotel has well-appointed rooms to suit different budgets.
Check Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel out:
- Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel on Booking.com
- Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel on Trip.com
- Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel on Expedia
More About The Best Places to Stay and Accommodations in Auckland
That’s it for the best accommodations and places to stay in Auckland. Discover the must-do activities, as well as more of the best accommodations and where to stay in Auckland in the following articles:
- 20 Best Things to Do in Auckland
- 20 Best Hotels in Auckland
- Where to Camp in Auckland
- 10 Free Camping Spots in Auckland
- Auckland City: A Guide to Cheap Long-Term Accommodation
- Auckland Region: A Guide to Cheap Long-Term Accommodation
Finally, now that you know the best accommodation in Auckland, plan more of your trip around the North Island using the North Island in 2 Weeks: Road Trip Itinerary and New Zealand in 3 Weeks: Road Trip Itinerary.