Taxi companies in Christchurch
- Blue Star Taxis
- Green Cabs (budget)
- Gold Band Taxis (budget)
- First Direct (budget)
- Corporate Cabs
Taking the taxi between Christchurch Airport and Christchurch city centre
As the South Island’s main international airport, Christchurch Airport is a place most backpackers find themselves during their travels in New Zealand. Whether you’ve just arrived in New Zealand or have flown domestically, you’ll most likely need to get into the city somehow. Taking a taxi is certainly one way to do it.Find the airport taxi ranks outside the Regional Lounge, between the terminal and multi-level car park, and outside the International Arrivals Hall.The trip between Christchurch airport and the CBD is NZ$36-$42.
Taxi prices between Christchurch city centre and Christchurch’s main attractions
The quickest and most direct way to get to any point of interest in Christchurch is by taxi. Here are the cab fares to expect if you choose to hop in a cab.
- New Brighton NZ$35-$41
- International Arctic Centre NZ$36-$42
- Christchurch Gondola (Port Hills) NZ$37-$43
- The Hub Hornby NZ$37-$44
- Willowbank Wildlife Reserve NZ$38-$45
- Lyttleton NZ$43-$50
- Sumner Beach NZ$44-$52
- Taylor’s Mistake NZ$53-$62
- Orana Wildlife Park NZ$56-$65
Alternative city transport in Christchurch
Other ways to navigate the city
Christchurch is well connected with a nifty public transport system, which is sure to get you from A to B.
- Take the bus the most common way to get around is to use the Christchurch bus network.
- From the airport, take a shuttle to bring you straight to your destination. The cheapest airport transfer option is to take the number 29 Metro Bus to the airport.
- Walk! Christchurch has a number of attractions worth walking to in the CBD.