Where to Find the Best Hotels in Hamilton
Welcome to the city of Hamilton. This North Island hub has so much to offer between award-winning gardens and a vibrant city life. Whatever has drawn you to Hamilton – perhaps some of the 10 Best Things to Do in Hamilton? – make the most of it by staying a while in one of the city’s hotels. From budget hotels to heritage buildings to something more luxurious, there are hotels in Hamilton to suit a range of tastes, moods and budgets. Check out our top picks in this list of the best Hamilton hotels!
1. Novotel Tainui Hamilton – The Best Hotel in Hamilton
One of your most upmarket hotels in Hamilton, the four-star Novotel Tainui Hamilton is a worthy consideration. The light-filled rooms feature either a city view or a view of the Waikato River, which can also be enjoyed from the restaurant serving contemporary local fusion cuisine. Hotel rooms have versatile layouts, making an easy stay for solo travellers, couples, friends and families. Novotel has a few luxurious extras like a pillow menu, rainfall shower, newspaper delivery, an audio docking station (in some rooms) and more.
Check Novotel Tainui Hamilton out:
- Novotel Tainui Hamilton on Booking.com
- Novotel Tainui Hamilton on Trip.com
- Novotel Tainui Hamilton on Expedia
2. VR Hamilton – Cheap Hotel in Hamilton
An affordable city centre hotel set in a heritage building, VR Hamilton is worth checking out. The four-star hotel boasts oodles of character in its rooms decorated with a Victorian flair. While the “Double Rooms” provide something affordable for couples, it’s worth upgrading to the “Superior Room” for lots more space and furnishings. Plus, families can enjoy the ultra-spacious twin and triple rooms, while those seeking a bit of luxury and more space (around 90m²/295ft²) have the option of the “Executive Suite”. To top it all off, there’s free WiFi in all rooms. See more affordable hotels like this in our list of the 10 Best Budget Accommodations in Hamilton.
Check VR Hamilton out:
3. Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton – Hotel in Hamilton Central
Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton offers 50 guest rooms in the form of studios or one-bedroom suites. The latter contains kitchen facilities for ultimate convenience, while there’s also the option to book a room with a king bed and/or spa baths in the ensuite. The hotel is located at the south end of the city centre, near the Waikato Museum and SKYCITY Casino. Other facilities include free WiFi and an outdoor swimming pool.
Check Ventura Inn & Suites out:
- Ventura Inn & Suites on Booking.com
- Ventura Inn & Suites on Trip.com
- Ventura Inn & Suites on Expedia
4. Distinction Hamilton Hotel & Conference Centre – The Best Hamilton Hotel for Families
This four-star hotel in Hamilton has 147 superbly-appointed rooms offering a contemporary vibe. Stay in comfortable suites and king rooms, featuring the hotel basics, like WiFi, a work desk and Sky TV. You’ll also have access to the hotel’s facilities, such as an indoor swimming pool, spa pools, a gym, bar and restaurant. Try Garnett’s Restaurant, serving impeccably presented plates of local specialities and crowd favourites. The Distinction Hamilton Hotel is located just a few minutes’ drive from the city centre. See more hotels like this in our 15 Best Family Accommodations in Hamilton.
Check Distinction Hamilton Hotel & Conference Centre out:
5. The Narrows Landing Hotel – The Best Luxury Hotel in Hamilton
For those seeking characterful accommodation for a romantic getaway or celebrating a special occasion, set your sights on The Narrows Landing Hotel. This luxury hotel offers two choices of suites, each overlooking the hotel gardens and featuring a private balcony. The “Deluxe Suites” have more space and a spa bath, while the “Tree Tops Apartment” has panoramic views from the lounge and multiple rooms. For more romantic retreats like this, see our 10 Best Romantic Accommodations in Hamilton.
Check The Narrows Landing Hotel out:
- The Narrows Landing Hotel on Booking.com
- The Narrows Landing Hotel on Trip.com
- The Narrows Landing Hotel on Expedia
6. Heartland Ambassador Hotel Hamilton – Hamilton Hotel with a Pool
Another Hamilton hotel which is just a short walk from the city centre, the Heartland Ambassador Hotel provides a convenient enough location without feeling too busy. The hotel by the Scenic Hotel Group features a large outdoor swimming pool, a hot tub, room service breakfast and a restaurant for breakfast. As for the rooms, choose from “Standard” and “Superior” rooms with flexible layouts, or upgrade to the “Superior Plus Studio Suite” boasting a contemporary open-plan design at the top of the building. Features in most rooms include free WiFi, Sky TV, USB/Bluetooth speaker, a desk, refrigerator, a heat pump and more. For more stays with upscale rooms, you might like to check out the 10 Best Luxury Accommodations in Hamilton instead.
Check Heartland Ambassador Hotel Hamilton out:
- Heartland Ambassador Hotel Hamilton on Booking.com
- Heartland Ambassador Hotel Hamilton on Trip.com
- Heartland Ambassador Hotel Hamilton on Expedia
7. Quest Hamilton – The Best Apartment Hotel in Hamilton
An apartment hotel where every room has a full kitchen, Quest Hamilton is an easy go-to for self-catering accommodation. What’s more, this contemporary hotel is right in the heart of Hamilton city centre. Choose from well-appointed studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments with the option for interconnecting rooms. The apartments are pretty spacious and offer additions like laundry machines and a dishwasher for a real home-away-from-home experience.
Check Quest Hamilton out:
8. Ramada by Wyndham, Hamilton City Center – The Best Self-Catering Hotel in Hamilton
An easy choice is the three-star Ramada by Wyndham, Hamilton City Center. The classically-styled hotel offers mid-range “Superior King” and “Twin” rooms, as well as studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments with extra amenities, such as kitchen facilities. Some of the services at the hotel include 24-hour check-in, private parking and conference rooms. Find Ramada by Wyndham, Hamilton City Center right in the city centre. For alternative self-catering stays, check out the 10 Best Self-Catering Accommodations in Hamilton.
Check Ramada by Wyndham, Hamilton City Center out:
- Ramada by Wyndham, Hamilton City Center on Booking.com
- Ramada by Wyndham, Hamilton City Center on Trip.com
9. ibis Hamilton Tainui – Hamilton Hotel with a Restaurant
ibis Hamilton basks in an ideal city-centre location on the banks of the mighty Waikato River. The three-star hotel has a restaurant with gorgeous views heightened with al fresco dining, while parking and free WiFi are just some of the useful services. Choose your room facing the city or the river and make use of the basic hotel room amenities, such as a TV, coffee/tea-making facilities, WiFi and an ensuite.
Check ibis Hamilton Tainui out:
- ibis Hamilton Tainui on Booking.com
- ibis Hamilton Tainui on Trip.com
- ibis Hamilton Tainui on Expedia
10. Jet Park Hamilton Airport – Hotel at Hamilton Airport
Jet Park Hamilton Airport provides a relaxing refuge after your flight or an out-of-town alternative surrounded by green pastures. This mid-range hotel offers stylishly-appointed “Queen” and “King Rooms” with the option to upgrade to “Deluxe” and “Executive” rooms or find a home away from home in the “Apartments” and “Family Suites”. While the entry-level rooms have all the essentials, the Executive rooms offer premium pampering with a spa bath, surround sound, plunger coffee, mini bar, TVs with Sky TV, a balcony and more.
Check Jet Park Hamilton Airport out:
- Jet Park Hamilton Airport on Booking.com
- Jet Park Hamilton Airport on Trip.com
- Jet Park Hamilton Airport on Expedia
11. Abbots Hamilton Hotel and Conference Centre – No-Frills Hamilton Hotel
A boutique hotel within walking distance of the city centre, Abbots Hamilton has 31 rooms to suit most types of traveller. Find “King” and “Single” rooms, “Executive Super Kings”, “Superior Spa” rooms, “Executive Balcony” and “Family Rooms”, all of which have free WiFi and an in-house entertainment system with new-release movies. The no-frills accommodation keeps its decor sleek and simple while offering welcome extras like free continental breakfast and on-site parking.
Check Abbots Hamilton Hotel out:
- Abbots Hamilton Hotel on Booking.com
- Abbots Hamilton Hotel on Trip.com
- Abbots Hamilton Hotel on Expedia
12. Hidden Lake Hotel & Apartments – The Best Hotel in Cambridge
If you want to skip the city altogether, yet still crave that hotel experience, then take a look at the Hidden Lake Hotel & Apartments. Located in the quaint nearby town of Cambridge, this hotel offers a range of attractive hotel rooms and self-contained apartments. Overlooking parklands and Lake Te Koo, the location is pretty special, while on-site facilities like a reputable restaurant, bar and free WiFi are also enticing prospects.
Check Hidden Lake Hotel & Apartments out:
- Hidden Lake Hotel & Apartments on Booking.com
- Hidden Lake Hotel & Apartments on Trip.com
- Hidden Lake Hotel & Apartments on Expedia
More Hotels in Hamilton
That’s it for our guide to the best hotels in Hamilton. For more accommodation options, as well as things to do, check these out:
- 12 Best Motels in Hamilton
- 16 Best Things to Do in Hamilton
- The Food Guide to Hamilton: Places to Eat & Food Tours
Finally, if there’s anything we’ve missed, you’re likely to find it in The Complete Travel Guide to Hamilton.