The Best Holiday Homes and Apartments in Paihia, Kerikeri, Russell and the Bay of Islands
With 144 islands to cruise around, historical sites to discover, wineries to indulge in and adventure activities to experience, you’re definitely going to want to spend a good amount of time in the Bay of Islands. Make your stay feel like home with the conveniences and space provided by the Bay of Islands’ holiday home and apartment accommodations. From apartment hotels in Paihia to holiday houses in Kerikeri and Russell, there are plenty of options. Check out some of out top picks in this list of the best apartments and holiday homes in the Bay of Islands.
1. Bay of Islands Holiday Apartments – The Best Holiday Apartments in Paihia
Couples, families and larger tribes will find something to suit at the Bay of Islands Holiday Apartments in Paihia. Each studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment is modernly decorated with nature incorporated into the decor with wooden floors and bamboo furniture. There are full kitchens with tri-fold doors onto your own barbecue area and a private lawn, making for a sociable space. While the apartments are not serviced, the rubbish is taken away daily. For more recommendations like this, see the 10 Best Family Accommodations in the Bay of Islands.
Check Bay of Islands Holiday Apartments out:
- Bay of Islands Holiday Apartments on Booking.com
- Bay of Islands Holiday Apartments on Trip.com
- Bay of Islands Holiday Apartments on Expedia
2. Wharepuke Subtropical Accommodation – The Best Holiday Home in Kerikeri
Looking for an interesting yet cheap holiday home in the Bay of Islands? Wharepuke Subtropical Accommodation is that and more with an on-site restaurant, art gallery and sculpture park in Kerikeri. There are five holiday homes on the complex, each nestled in a quiet corner of lush gardens where it’s not uncommon to see native birds fluttering around.
Check Wharepuke Subtropical Accommodation out:
3. Waitangi Beach Houses – Cheap Holiday Home in Paihia
If you have a whole tribe to house, take a look at the Waitangi Beach Houses. Just across the road from Waitangi Beach, these two-bedroom and four-bedroom houses are the classic Kiwi bach experience – nothing super fancy but affordable if splitting between six to eight people. The holiday homes in the Bay of Islands are well-appointed with all the cooking facilities you could need including the all-important barbecue. See more options like this in the 10 Best Budget Accommodations in the Bay of Islands.
Check Waitangi Beach Houses out:
4. The Waterfront Suites – Heritage Collection – The Best Apartment Complex in the Bay of Islands
The Waterfront Suites by the Heritage is a luxurious option with a fantastic location right on the waterfront in Paihia town centre. The stylish suites come with a full kitchen, a separate lounge with Sky TV, and a private patio or balcony, some with ocean views. Guests can also make use of the underground car park, a barbecue area and a heated lap pool. See more like this in the 10 Best Luxury Accommodations in Paihia.
Check The Waterfront Suites out:
- The Waterfront Suites on Booking.com
- The Waterfront Suites on Trip.com
- The Waterfront Suites on Expedia
5. Hananui Lodge and Apartments – The Best Holiday Apartments in Russell
Stay in the historic town of Russell at the Hananui Lodge and Apartments. Boasting unobstructed sea views from its waterfront location, Hananui Lodge offers a wide range of apartments to suit most groups’ needs and wants. The decor is fresh and modern, capturing the daylight shining through your sliding doors out to your private balcony or patio. Guests have access to the lodge’s tennis courts and kayaks, while some apartments feature spa pools.
Check Hananui Lodge and Apartments out:
- Hananui Lodge and Apartments on Booking.com
- Hananui Lodge and Apartments on Trip.com
- Hananui Lodge and Apartments on Expedia
6. Bay of Islands Beachhouses – Holiday Homes with a View in Paihia
Enjoy beachfront luxury at the Bay of Islands Beachhouses. Set on the cliffsides of Sullivans Beach, a short walk from Paihia town, the Bay of Islands Beachhouses offers two spacious holiday homes on this property. Enjoy open-plan living with a cosy fireplace, a fully-equipped kitchen and outdoor seating overlooking the bay. The Bay of Islands holiday homes have two large bedrooms, which are designed to accommodate two couples travelling together or groups of five. Kayaks and fishing rods are also available for guests to use.
Check Bay of Islands Beachhouses out:
- Bay of Islands Beachhouses on Booking.com
- Bay of Islands Beachhouses on Trip.com
- Bay of Islands Beachhouses on Expedia
7. Edgewater Palms Apartments – The Best Apartment Hotel in Paihia
Like it says on the tin, the Edgewater Palms Apartments is your water’s edge accommodation in Paihia. Make the most of the beach with watersports hire, vistas from the on-site restaurant, and from the infinity pool. The apartment hotel offers a range of fully self-contained apartments so you can enjoy your own space combined with homely amenities. Choose from one and two-bedroom apartments with either pool/garden or ocean view. Waterfront and penthouse rooms are also an option to upgrade. See more accommodations like this in the 10 Best Hotels in the Bay of Islands.
Check Edgewater Palms out:
8. The Retreat – Apartments and Holiday Homes with a View in the Bay of Islands
Relax with outstanding views of Paihia and Te Haumi Beach in either the one-bedroom, two-bedroom apartment or holiday house at The Retreat. The affordable holiday homes and apartments in the Bay of Islands are spacious enough for couples to families. While the fixings are a little basic, the views more than make up for them, enjoyed from your private balcony. Guests also have access to free WiFi. See more like this in the 10 Best Budget Accommodations in Paihia.
Check The Retreat out:
9. Kerikeri Homestead Motel & Apartments – The Best Holiday Apartments in Kerikeri
A four-star boutique motel and apartment complex in the centre of Kerikeri, the Kerikeri Homestead Motel & Apartments offers a range of appealing modern apartments and studios to enjoy a home-away-from-home experience. From cosy timber-lined studios to premium two-bedroom apartments, the room choices are vast and varied. Apartments are modernly decorated and have unique features like double-glazing, air-conditioning, soundproofed walls, a Smart TV and other little fixtures to make your stay comfortable. Discover more like this in the 10 Best Boutique Accommodations in the Bay of Islands.
Check Kerikeri Homestead Motel & Apartments out:
- Kerikeri Homestead Motel & Apartments on Booking.com
- Kerikeri Homestead Motel & Apartments on Trip.com
- Kerikeri Homestead Motel & Apartments on Expedia
10. The Nest Russell – Beachfront Holiday Home in Russell
Cute doesn’t even begin to describe this one-bedroom holiday home in the Bay of Islands. Situated on the beachfront of historic Russell, The Nest Russell is ideal for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Watch the sunset from the furnished patio and wake up to the sound of lapping waves with the beachfront just metres away. See more stays like this in the 10 Best Romantic Accommodations in the Bay of Islands.
Check The Nest Russell out:
11. Blue Pacific Apartments – Apartment Resort in Paihia
Take in the sea views from your elevated position of the one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments, many with their own spa pool and balcony. Blue Pacific Apartments are the ideal place to relax, make use of your apartment’s kitchen facilities and enjoy proximity to Paihia‘s largest supermarket. The apartments are just across the road from Paihia’s best swimming beach, Tii Beach, while those travelling with little ones have the benefit of kids’ toys and games available.
Check Blue Pacific Apartments out:
- Blue Pacific Apartments on Booking.com
- Blue Pacific Apartments on Trip.com
- Blue Pacific Apartments on Expedia
12. Abri Apartments – Apartments in Paihia for Couples
Retreat to your cosy elevated apartment on the edge of Paihia and the Opua Forest at the Abri Apartments. There are three apartments available at this boutique accommodation, each with a private entrance and balcony overlooking Paihia. The well-appointed apartments include a full kitchen, a bathroom with a double spa bath and a comfortable lounge and dining area. See more quaint accommodations like this in the 10 Best Romantic Accommodations in Paihia.
Check Abri Apartments out:
13. Stay Kerikeri – Boutique Apartments in the Bay of Islands
Stay Kerikeri is a boutique suite and apartment accommodation that has been designed with style and comfort in mind. Stay in tastefully curated rooms, each with its own unique fittings and decor. There’s a range of one- and two-bedroom apartments, executive studios and small studios, all with cooking facilities and ensuites. The accommodation is ideal for couples, groups and families alike, especially with an outdoor pool to make the most out of.
Check Stay Kerikeri out:
14. Waitangi Beach Units A & B – Cheap Holiday Homes in the Bay of Islands
You have two affordable holiday homes to choose from: Waitangi Unit A and Waitangi Unit B. Both are two-bedroom holiday homes with two double rooms and a sofa bed, making it especially cheap for families or two couples. The holiday houses don’t pretend to be flashy but do provide all the essential self-catering and free WiFi facilities you need for a comfortable stay. Find these holiday homes in Waitangi, a stone’s throw away from Paihia. See more options like this in the 10 Best Family Accommodations in Paihia.
Check Waitangi Beach Units A & B out:
- Waitangi Beach Unit A and Unit B on Booking.com
- Waitangi Beach Unit A and Unit B on Trip.com
- Waitangi Beach Unit A and Unit B on Expedia
15. Serenity at Sea Spray – Luxury Holiday Apartment in Paihia
A gorgeous waterfront apartment at the Sea Spray apartment complex, Serenity at Seaspray is an ultra-modern two-bedroom apartment ideal for families. Enjoy plenty of space in the open-plan living room and kitchen and two separate bedrooms; one with a double bed and one with two singles. The living area and master bedroom both open up onto a patio with ocean views.
Check Serenity at Seaspray out:
More About the Bay of Islands
That’s it for our list of the best apartments and holiday homes in the Bay of Islands but by no means the end of our travel tips! Check out the following guides for more experiences and stays in Paihia, Kerikeri, Russell and beyond.
- 10 Best Cruises in the Bay of Islands
- 10 Best Foodie Experiences in the Bay of Islands
- 10 Best Water Activities in the Bay of Islands
- 10 Things to Do in the Bay of Islands with Kids
- 10 Romantic Activities in the Bay of Islands
- The Best Day Trips from Paihia